Important Message from College Principal -Semester 1 Teaching Arrangement 2022/2315 Jul 2022
We would like to update you on our teaching arrangement for Semester 1, 2022/23. Teaching will be conducted face-to-face (f2f) in principle. We will follow the University’s guidelines and adopt a room capacity of 75% of the original capacity. The general principles are as follows:
1. Delivery mode of tutorials, laboratories, practicum and field work will be f2f.
2. Courses with a nominal class size 30 or below will be conducted f2f.
3. For other courses, classes will be split into two groups (A and B). Students with the last digit of their student numbers (SID) being an odd number belong to Group A and will attend the f2f classes in the odd teaching weeks and view recorded lectures in self-managed manner in the even teaching weeks. Those with last digit of their SID being an even number belong to Group B and will attend the f2f classes in the even teaching weeks and view recorded lectures in self-managed manner in the odd teaching weeks.
4. We would keep the practice of uploading the recorded lectures on SOUL. Hence, there will be no live streaming.
5. Some courses with pedagogical reasons may have slightly different arrangements.
We are mindful of the fluid COVID-19 situation, and the College will make changes in the teaching arrangement as needed. Detailed teaching arrangements of your courses will be announced in early September.
If you are currently outside Hong Kong, please plan for your return trip to Hong Kong so that you will be able to attend f2f classes in mid-September, as all inbound travellers entering Hong Kong would be subject to prevailing compulsory quarantine arrangement (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html).
As you know, everyone who wishes to enter any part of the HKU campus or HKU SPACE premises will need to comply with the tightened measures that are in line with the University. Please refer to the announcements on our Website (https://www.hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/covid-19-info) / Learner Portal (http://learner.hkuspace.hku.hk), which will be updated from time to time to take into account of possible changes in the Government policy and University arrangements.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the College hotline at 3762 2000.
Prof LS Chan