Following the decision by The University of Hong Kong to continue with delivery of all teaching and learning online for the rest of the Semester, please note the following arrangements for all CC programmes:
- Instruction of all lectures will be delivered online till May 9, 2020.
- There will be no examinations held physically in classrooms/exam halls; all assessments including end-of-term assessments will be done online.
- For laboratory, studio or practical skills components of courses that need to be taught through face-to-face classes for some of the courses, the College will arrange for students to come to campus by groups to undertake the lab practice. When these students come on campus, they will be required to follow the College’s hygiene requirements such as wearing surgical masks at all times. For practicum that is normally done in a clinic or hospital or company, the programme coordinator will make announcement separately on the arrangement.
- All courses, with the exception of a few experiential learning courses, will be marked on the basis of letter grades. There will be no PASS/FAIL option for assessment choice.
- I have asked all teachers to review the assessment tasks to ensure they are suitable to be done online.
Please pay attention to the announcements on SOUL by course teachers or programme coordinators on specific arrangements.
The University and CC continue to monitor the situation of the current pandemic. Our priority is still the health and safety of our students and staff. We will try to find the best way forward to ensure our students receive the best learning opportunities given the circumstances.
Professor Chan Lung Sang
HKU SPACE Community College