Student Cards - New Student Welcome Page - Admission - HKU SPACE Community College
Skip to main content

Student Cards

The Student Identity Card and the Facilities Access Card are student identification documents which give you the right to access the College's facilities and services. The Facilities Access Card enables you to gain access to The University of Hong Kong (HKU) libraries to borrow books, as well as to use its sports facilities.


New students are required to upload a digital photo to the College's online system for the issuance of student cards. Upon payment of the first instalment of tuition fee (i.e. Registration Fee AND Balance Payment), students can upload a digital photo to the Photo Submission System via iEnrol by 22 August 2022 (Photos submitted after the deadline will be processed in the next batch).

Before uploading the digital photo, please make sure your photo meets the following requirements:

  • taken within the last 6 months;
  • unaltered by computer software or app;
  • contain no other objects or people;
  • show full frontal face and without head coverings (except those worn for religious reasons);
  • in colour and taken against a plain white background;
  • make sure there is enough space around your face, in case of photo cropping is needed;
  • in JPG/JPEG format; 
  • at least 300 pixels wide and 375 pixels tall; and
  • file size: 5MB or below.

Examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos:


The College could not proceed the issuance of Student Identity Card and Facilities Access Card if the photo does not meet the prescribed requirements.

Students are required to present the original and a copy of personal identity document(s)* for verification in order to collect the Student Identity Card. Schedule of Student Identity Card collection will be announced via the student online platform - Learner Portal in late September.

*Note: The personal identity documents that used for admission application, for example:
(1) Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card / Identity Card showing the right to land status;
(2) Valid Passport and One-way Permit / Dependent Visas